Monday, June 1, 2009

Maker Faire 2009

This year at Maker Faire, I spent two days at my booth showing a bunch of my 3-D contraptions, including the video phantogram tabletop, live camera projection and the stereoscope PSP. I had all of the gear featured in my Make: article from last year. The newest additions to my exhibit were my homemade View Master reels made from digital 3-D photos I took at last year's Maker Faire, and my latest camera rig - the twinned Canon TX1s that I use to shoot HD video.

Overall the faire was a success - everyone who came by the booth seemed very interested and engaged, and they loved seeing themselves in 3-D on the big 6-foot screen.

We were kept so busy, that I didn't get to visit the rest of the faire and take pictures like last year. But I did manage to sneak away on Sunday to shoot video of the Diet Coke and Mentos Fountain performance done by the crazy mad scientists at Eepybird.

2 comments:

Zak said...

Great video! I knew I kept my 3d glasses for a reason...

animationnerd said...

I saw you at Maker Faire and fell in love with the video phantogram tabletop. I was wondering if you had any advice on creating one of my own. I found a tutorial and program on 3ddigitalphoto.com for still images, but thought you may have some tips for capturing the moving image. Should I export the video frames as an image sequence and then use SteroPhoto Maker? Thanks!
--Lauren